Open Academic Position in IP and Innovation Law – University of Liege School of Law
Come work with me :)!
The University of Liege School of Law and Political Science is opening a part time academic position – 65% of a FTE – in the field of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights. Appointments will be effective as of 1st October 2013.
This position may be split into two academic positions, and give rise to two distinct appointments (respectively covering a 50% part time position and a 15% part time position).
This appointment is for an initial duration of 5 years (max), and may subsequently lead to a definitive appointment (at the earliest after 3 years).
The 65% part time academic position covers:
1. Patents (exercises included) (in English) – 30h lectures + 15h seminar (LL.M. courses);
2. Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights in the EU and the WTO (exercises included) (in English) – 30h lectures + 15h seminar (LL.M. Courses);
3. Droits d’auteur (in French) (in depth seminars included (in English) – 20h lectures and the coordination of in-depth seminars – 10h (LL.M. Courses);
4. Intellectual Property and Competition Law (in depth seminars included) – (in English) – 10h lectures and the coordination of seminars – 10h), together with a competition lawyer (LL.M. Courses);
5. Droits intellectuels – 30h lectures (in French) – (Introductory course for bachelor’s students, 3rd years).
If applicants are only interested by a share of the 65% academic position, priority in the choice of courses will be given to the candidate who applies for the larger share of the position (i.e. 50%).
This also includes the supervision of students’ dissertations (in the context of the law school and of the LL.M in European Competition Law and IP Law).
2) Scientific Activities – Research
- Publications in peer reviewed journals, including publications in English, in the fields of intellectual property law and innovation
- Organisation of, and participation to, conferences and other scientific events in the fields of intellectual property law and innovation
- Pro-active contribution to the development of the Liege Competition and Innovation Institute (LCII)
3) Law School Administrative Duties
The position includes participation to university and faculty-related activities (attendance of meetings, committees, etc. dealing with issues of general university interest (i.e. career advancement issues, appointments, etc.).
He/she will also be involved in the development of the forthcoming Liege Competition and Innovation Institute (organization of seminars, support to the LL.M. in European Competition and IP Law, supervision of students’ dissertations, etc.).
For more information, please contact
Applications shall be sent to the Rector of the University of Liège, Mr. Bernard Rentier, place du 20 Août 7 (Bât. A1), 4000 Liège, by 6 May 2013 with 2 CVs and copies of their publications. Applications may be drafted in French or English.
For information on financial details, please contact Ms. Ludivine Depas – +32 4 366 52 04 – Ludivine.Depas@ulg.ac.be